Monday, April 18, 2011

The court system at it's finest

At the hearing this morning the attorney for the state argued that the charges for neglect against us were not to be dropped because we are refusing to care for Noah. Our attorney did what he could and argued that we are unable to provide the appropriate care he needs and Sophie is at risk with him in our home. He said afterwards he didn't feel the state's attorney was being a hard ass, but was just standing firm and not going to change her mind. So, now we will have a trial...a trial! That honestly scares the shit out of me. The attorney said things about depositions to prepare, gathering of evidence, and getting us ready for this. It just sucks all around. Unfortunately I'm not totally surprised with the way I've heard other similar situations going the same way. The system is just fucked up and because we didn't give Noah the chance to hurt Sophie we are the bad parents refusing to take care of him. Of course I know this is bullshit...my friends tell me so, but the state is not going to listen. We have to be made an example of and we all have to be drug through all of this for what? No benefit that I can see, Noah will only suffer sitting around waiting for more months for something to be decided so he can have some sort of future. Oh, and the best part, the state attorney says, "The Kelley's knew what they were getting into when they adopted Noah." Yeah we did and we've kicked ass helping him and done more for him in the last 4 years than anyone else ever has. We didn't have a baby in the home when we adopted him and didn't know he would feel so strongly against one to the point of wanting her dead. The Bastards...that's all I can say. I guess I'm more angry than anything else right now. Angry that they're so absurd in their thinking that what THEY are doing is in the best interest of all children involved. I do hope to still enjoy our Summer before the trial, which won't be for 2-3 months. Walter and I are already making plans, we won't let this keep us down and depressed.

2 comments: